View Single Post
Unread 05/28/2011, 10:53 PM   #11
kdrof
Registered Member

We purchased a sheet of birch that will sit on top behind the molding. I think it measures a half inch bigger than the stand for a little hang over. I will place sump in before. I believe I can get it in through the door if I had too. The tank will sit on the 4 sides under the sheet for more support. I also painted the bottom of the "top" with the same epoxy since that will still be part of the inside. I'll post some more pics at we go tomorrow.

I wish I had the water setup like you Michael. I will have to pump my water into a tipoff tank in the sump area of the stand. When we purchase our house I want a dedicated fish room and in wall tank. But until then... I think I can have a decent setup with a little less automation.. It will make me appreciate it more later. . It will also help in a better understanding of my tank I believe. Hopefully putting in order next Saturday for pump, Rodi, powerhead, skimmer, rock etc. Were getting excited as it's comin along. I hear this is a very fun part of the process.

Thanks to all for looking. LEDs were shipped ups instead of USPS because of the heat sinks. O well, I'll start those late next week.

Bluefyre and delucs, thanks for the kind words as well. I appreciate any comments and suggestions

kdrof is offline   Reply With Quote