View Single Post
Unread 02/12/2018, 09:23 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Having a peninsula 215 myself, I will say up front this is difficult to pull off and you will likely find yourself in a compromise where either you compromise on inhabitants on the far end because flow will be insufficient or you will have to compromise on having powerheads and the aesthetics of cables at the far end. I ended up placing 2 6055's in nano stream rocks on the far end and living with the cables as it just wasn't working well any other way.

Your lowest maintenance option will be the 6150's, since they have a lot of cooling/ self cleaning and they work on magnetic levitation, the build up of calcium is next to nothing and the intake gets cleaned once a day by a reverse rotation that lasts about 30 seconds. These are also virtually dead silent, sub 42db, even in the quietest rooms the ambient noise will generally be more than the pump noise. For compact size and all things considered the 6105s are a good bet, 52db, still pretty quiet, they need a tear down and cleaning every 3-6 months depending on KH and Ca levels. In both cases I suspect you will need some supplementation on the far end to not limit yourself. They will reach the length of the tank and return but the flow is down to softie/mushroom levels after 5ft. Also, both come with magnets for 1/2" so for thicker glass factor on stronger upgraded magnets.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote