View Single Post
Unread 02/07/2011, 11:41 PM   #65
nightOwl
Premium Member

BowieReefer84,
I keep at least 4 peppermint shrimp in the tank at all times. I know one of the ones I have does not eat aptasia at all. I think they can be hit or miss sometimes just like fish. I agree with you totally about not letting it get out of control or too big. When I had the 65 gallon I let it get infested. I threw some peppermint in there and I could tell they liked the little ones because they were the first to go .

I saw the with caution on the yellow wrasse . I read that they can be bullies once bigger, but I am hoping that while he is small he will be a model citizen. I will have to wait and see if its worth it. He has a lot of benefits though. Thanks for the heads up on why the CBB seem to perish over time. I guess they are another fish you need to see in person eating and healthy before purchasing.

Updates- General
Tonight I finally had a chance to re-drill my drains. I can always throttle them back but they have gone from one inch drains to 1-1/2" woo hoo. I also purchased some more pluming parts tonight and started a dry fit of my manifold and the return lines to the sump. I also ran into some issue with the Apex asking for a password when I press the main button so I am now off to research that.