View Single Post
Unread 06/24/2018, 11:01 AM   #1103
FarmerTy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesq View Post
Can't see if there is a reading on the Alkatronic, but if you have any issues, reach out to Eric at Alkatronic on Facebook he is very responsive. I've had my unit since they were first released and can't say enough about how much I love the unit and how great the customer support has been.

I use Salifert to test my Alk against the Alkatronic and it has always been spot on. To the point I rarely test with Salifort any more. (I gave up on the Hanna over a year ago. The Salifert is just as easy and less prone to error.)
Thanks Acesq! The unit hasn't been setup yet sadly, I'm a slacker. I'm still trying to decide were to mount it as I have several options. I have an open frag tank plumbed into the main display in my fish room and a sump under the tank.

I'd imagine access is important as the need for consistent calibration is vital as well as a place to store a waste water bucket.

I almost thought about tying it into the RO waste line with a check valve and having it just pump the wastewater outside since my RO waste line is already run to the exterior but then I had concerns over the toxicity of the reagent. If it's just HCl, no worries but if there are other chemicals I need to consider, then maybe not. Good question actually, how are you disposing of your waste water?

FarmerTy is offline   Reply With Quote