View Single Post
Unread 10/04/2019, 07:14 PM   #19
Uncle99
Crab Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popytoys View Post
Hi Uncle99 thank you for very much for sharing your experience. Would that affect their mood to mate/spawn if i move the fish to a different tank?
I tried ti feed the parents by using a siphon... but the male is so aggressive to try to attack it and it is so strong to flying out the tank... hit my head... and fall on to the cofee tank that i put the tank on... i never seen this so aggressive beforw.

I going to order the rotifer kit and raise them..

Have a nice day
Welcome, breeding is kinda like making a cake, while we all use many of the same ingredients, we all do it a bit different.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this. Mine did not stop, were quite regular for months it seemed, then nothing for quite awhile, but most started back up.

By no means am I an expert, just found it a challenge, had some good successes, made a few bucks, great fun!

My understanding was the the first bite had to by "living" because of some enzyme in the "live" that needed transfer to the fry to initiate the digestion system, found this in a paper out of the University of Hawaii, and that "dead" food would not trigger a "hit" from the fry. So being a novice, I always fed live first and Rotifers were easy, plentiful, and brought say 80% to metamorphis.

I would be totally on flake by this point, but would lose half of these through the metamorphis stage. No idea why. Every batch the same. I might guess diet.

Other hobbists seemed to be getting virtually no die off, wow, I must be doing something wrong.

I am not sure I understand the feed with syphon, I just fed as normal, Mysis, Brine, Krill, just the frozen, that's the food mine are used to.

I was successful in using newly hatched brine, but, lost many fry quickly. I tried this with cleaner shrimp and same result, bad numbers.

As you know there's a lot of myth type information, so perhaps I follow some thought that's just not true. Would not be the first!

Have fun!

Uncle99 is offline   Reply With Quote