View Single Post
Unread 11/04/2013, 09:15 AM   #76
travis32
Registered Member

I just got a Sohal for my 230gallon piano wave shaped tank (6 ft long). It is around 4-5" in length, very good coloration. It was at the LFS for a year in a reef tank. Doing very well.. So far I've fed it Rods food, which it ate some, but wasn't overly excited about. It was way more excited when I fed formula 1 flake... (Maybe what the LFS fed it?) Looks like I have to get some nori for it too to keep agression down.

Right now I have a couple rocks that are covered in fuzzy algae, it loves LOVES nipping at that algae. Several spots that are cleaned off down to the rock in under 2 days. I figure live algae is healthier than nori probably.

So far it is chasing my hippo around at times, my hippo was the bully.. It would go attack my chromises just to keep them separated... lol.

So far the agression is simply chasing type stuff. And it's funny the hippo goes and hides in his cave and the Sohal runs around looking for him. I'm not worried since it's only been a couple days and neither of them fights the other for food.. So, I think it'll be o.k.

The sohal will be my only showfish though. I need to add a pair of clowns, and would like a dragonet or two eventually. But, I think those should be safe additions at some point.. hopefully.

I'm looking forward to see this fish's personality develop. It doesn't seem overly agressive so far, but, it is for a very active fish!

travis32 is offline   Reply With Quote