View Single Post
Unread 10/21/2010, 01:21 PM   #1
tnyr5
Registered Member

"pay it forward" program proposal

Ok, I've been thinking about this for a couple weeks and after talking to members of other clubs across the country with similar groups I think I'm ready.
I propose we start a "pay it forward" program in the NCPARS club. Basically, each member buys 1 neat coral to grow out. It doesn't have to be expensive , just desireable. When it's ready to frag, that person then gives (yes I said the g word!) a few frags to some other members of the group who also grow it out and continue the cycle. In this way, we can inject a ton of new corals into our club to pass around without any one person incurring a huge expense.

There won't be many rules to this, but I was advised to make a couple.

1. Anyone receiving a coral must then let everyone in the group know he / she has it. This is mostly to prevent people from taking their free frag and trying to sell it online.
2. No selling! I repeat, NO SELLING! :-P
3. Give frags to different people every time. The idea is to try and spread this stuff around. Eventually everyone will have everything they want anyway.
4. Everyone who wants to be a part of this must contribute by buying one new thing to spread around. As i said it doesn't need to be expensive it just needs to be something that most of the club doesn't have. If you buy something and it dies then you're excused but you should probably figure out why it died before you accept any free frags lol.

that's about all the rules I think would apply
my suggestions are as follows:
- don't try to go beyond your skill level - If sps defeat you but you're a whiz with zoas, by all means stick with them.
- If you're offered a frag that you don't really want / can't care for, please pass it up so it can go to someone else.

Let me know what you guys think ! I'm open to suggestions here. I'm also willing to start the process , I've got all kinds of things that are rare in the club.
Tony

Current Tank Info: 20in cube

Last edited by tnyr5; 10/21/2010 at 01:31 PM.
tnyr5 is offline   Reply With Quote