View Single Post
Unread 06/06/2007, 01:40 AM   #42
saltyreefguy
Registered Member

i have a korallin 3002 on my 45g. i have been using korrallin ca reactors for 4 years now, with korallin media, after simple assembly, connect c02 bottle, fire it up, adjust effluent output accordingly to your total volume of water, instructions tell you how many drips per minute, then watch the ph stabilize, cal at 450. alk. at 11(more or less for some ppl), of course you can adjust to what you want. nothing else added. technology at work... less husbandry and worries for the reef, and more enjoyment, would rather be fragging for hours....
but then on my other tank(wife's nano20g) using 2part, no dosing pumps at all, naked eye drip system. once a week testing, cal is 420 and alk is at 9. both tanks were started within 1 week apart from each other, the 45g has a 250w phoenix 14k, and the wife's nano has a 150w 14k hamilton, on the 45 gal. purple coralline algae show up in 1 month. the nano took about 2 months.. this experiment was to see which tank help to mature faster and stablized quicker... then she constantly asked me to check her readings, so i got tired of it, and connected her tank to my reactor, no more nagging....