View Single Post
Unread 11/16/2011, 02:28 PM   #19
SPotter
Registered Member

Big decisions made today....

TANK.....
I decided to change directions a little with the tank and have now decided to change the directions so the tank doesnt have to be built on site. The tank I am going with is 72x36x28 for a total of 315 gallons with external overflow.

new tank.jpg

I thought about just going with the Marineland 300dd tank and I would have save even more money but there were just things about the layout that I was not happy with. I really wanted external overflow for two reason...inside looks cleaner and just easier access for cleaning the overflow and plumbing adjustments if need be. I was really torn but my wife put it to me this way..."This will be your first, last and only upgrade tank so you better make it the way you want it!!!!"

LIGHTING....
I have decided to go with the Sfiligoi Genesis LED fixture. It will be a 60" fixture with 10 rows of LEDS for a total of 500w. Withing the 10 rows, 3 of them will include RGB LEDS for a fuller spectrum of color. The unit will come with a 6 channel controller and I have set it up so that the rows with white LEDS that are closer to the center of the tank will be on a different channel from the white LEDS that are towards the edges of the tank. So if I have corals that have higher light demands they can be in the center and the ones that need a little less can be towards the edges.

SKIMMER....
I will be going with another Reef Octopus just need to decide on internal or external. I definitely have the space to for an external.

Am I really doing all of this for a fish tank??????

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
SPotter is offline   Reply With Quote