View Single Post
Unread 09/17/2019, 10:47 AM   #6
D-Nak
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThRoewer View Post
Do you have any anemonefish with it? My bicinctus would not allow the magnifica to get a single Mysis down. And aside from that, the anemone wasn't really eating well to begin with. It always took a long time for it to react if I put food in it. By now it shows serious signs of atrophy and is so weak that it doesn't even attach anymore.
Like you, I tried all anemones I have (BTA, haddoni, gigantea) and even a couple of soft corals (Xenia & Anthelia) as zooxanthellae donors but nothing worked. I even got a pricey magnifica from Diver's Den and the transfer still failed.
While in QT, I had it with a single wild percula that I picked up from AC (which was subsequently killed when I tried to pair it with one of the wild percs we picked up from Steve a long time ago.)

I've since moved it into my anemone tank that's got several picassos and a B/W ocellaris. They move from one nem to the next so the magnifica has time to eat.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I know that it probably won't survive long term if the zoox population doesn't bounce back. However, I also think it would've died by now if it was sick or the lack of zoox has detrimental affects.