View Single Post
Unread 03/14/2018, 08:59 AM   #1
Mryin
Registered Member

Inverts dying, why?

Hey RC members! I’m new to salt and my tank has been up for almost a year. Recently added some turbo snails, emerald crab, scarlet hermits, and a scarlet cleaner shrimp to my EXISTING clean up crew. Existing CUC is snails and hermits from reefcleaners. After about 2 weeks of adding them I’ve lost all 5 turbos, 4 newly added hermits, and my shrimp. Hermits were out of there shells dead. Shrimp was just dead, no bite marks or injury, and all 5turbos were just dead as well, still inside there shells. What could be causing this? Ammonia and nitrate readings are 0s. Water temp is 78. Running a skimmer and power heads, and HOB for Seagel and a seeding sponge. The shrimp died the day after adding Seagel in my HOB but was eating well. I fed it Prime Reef Flakes during tank feedings. The other inverts died before adding Seagel. All fish are doing well. I don’t know if it’s the Emerald killing them off at night but none have had any visible injuries except the hermits outta there shells.

I’m clueless