View Single Post
Unread 10/09/2017, 01:17 PM   #428
MrsReefK
Registered Member

Mr and Mrs Reef - 290g in wall build

Our desi sailfin is in QT and stopped eating today. No meds were added that would suppress her appetite. She was an absolute eating machine prior to today. She's breathing heavier as well. Doing a tank transfer a day early when I get home in 2 hours. Ammonia isn't high, and salinity and temp are norm. Nothing out of the ordinary that I can find. Hoping the transfer will help matters. There's 7 in QT together, the others are acting fine besides the sailfin. Say a little prayer this girl just needs some fresh new water and new tank! Tomorrow would be the last day of TTM, but we'll do one more to complete the cycle being we are a day early.

They all went through freshwater dip after the first transfer and did wonderfully, this is the first sign of any struggle I've seen.

I was planning to do a formalin dip during tomorrow's transfer, but will hold off now due to her being "under the weather". After she starts eating again (hopefully!) we will do a formalin dip, split the 7 into 2 tanks (TTM will be done) and then dose prazipro into each QT. I didn't do prazipro with this group during TTM, was planning on doing it after during observation. We'll see how it goes!!

Wondering if I should do another freshwater dip between transfers today, or just let her be and do it when she's a bit stronger possibly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsReefK is offline   Reply With Quote