View Single Post
Unread 09/11/2018, 06:38 AM   #162
McPuff
Registered Member

It's been just over a month since the last angel update... I like to see these progressions so I hope you do too.

The annularis is now the second largest fish in the tank, only behind the lieutenant tang. I've had him for 10 months and he's grown from 1.5" to about 7" long (close to 1" wide) in that time. Pattern is nearly 100% adult now. Pic is not great but this guy doesn't stop moving! :0)

annularis_29Aug2018.jpg

The blueface has been in the DT for over a month and is definitely gaining confidence. He's been relegated to this corner by the annularis but he doesn't get his butt kicked anymore. Starting to venture a little further away from the safety spot, especially at meal time. Juvenile stripes are still quite evident but the background is changing to adult. Face and fin color (yellow) is really starting to come in. Past experience tells me that it will take about a year to change completely.

blueface_29Aug2018.jpg

The size difference between the angels is not optimal. This isn't what I had planned but they were available at separate times and the annularis grew WAY faster than I thought it would. So far it's working ok but I'm always watching the big guy.

angel_comparison.jpg

Wondering out loud if buying a coral beauty (want one anyway) would help to ease some aggression on the blueface...

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote