View Single Post
Unread 05/21/2016, 12:50 PM   #94
plyle02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegasman2000 View Post
I have a 275 which I am just starting to add coral to. Currently I have 3 hard coral frags and will add more in time. I am using the bacteria products and looking at the most cost effective way of dosing Calcium Alk and Mag? I suspect I will not be dosing alot to start. I have a 3 head doser to use... What do you recommend? I dose nothing at the moment as just adding coral as it was fish only before.
Depending on the size of the corals water changes may be enough until you are fairly stocked and the corals are growing. Is that a 275 gallons, or 275 liters? I know Michael has a 200 or 220 gallon tank, he is using over 300ml per day of the componenet 123. He mixes his own to become more economical. I personally use the premix component 123 and I am going through 200ml at the moment, in my 120 gallon tank. So in a heavy stocked 275, it could be double what I am doing or more. Calcium reactor may work better with trace dosing, but it can be done Cheers

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote