View Single Post
Unread 12/23/2007, 12:05 AM   #184
madadi
ReefOG

i dunno which would be better, dissolving a pill slowly in the sump or adding a pill or powder to some RO water, dissolve it completely, and drip that vitamin C rich water into the tank slowly

tonight i just dissolved a pill in a small jar of RO water. after i let it sit for couple hours i wanted to make sure that the vitamin C is still potent even though it was inside the water for a long time and it had time to react with oxygen. anyway, i added the water with the vitamin C in it and it still dropped my ORP to the same 160mV as before when i added the pill directly to the tank. i dunno if that means the vitamin C is still good but i will disolve it from now on in a separate container with RO water and drip it slowly into the tank. this time i didn't drip slowly, i just added the whole glass of water to the main tank.
im hoping if i drip it slow, it wont drop my pH and ORP as much as before. ill experiment in the morning, tonight i already added the vitamin C. my eyes might be playing tricks on me but my zoa seem bigger and my sps more colorful and the polyps extension looks better then ever. this looks promising, thanks Jeni. i just want to do all i can to avoid any big drops in alkalinity and/or pH.

LETS TRADE YUMAS

Current Tank Info: Glass box.