View Single Post
Unread 07/10/2018, 01:15 PM   #2658
insomniac2k2
Registered Member

Can't disagree with your comfort zone. All I can say is that my comfort is 2 weeks. I would not have swapped if i did not have very stringent timelines other than just vacation.

You would have to be in my shoes to have a complete grasp on what my personal situation is.

Every bit of technology i have is in my garage sump. Swapping some glass with a dusting of brand new sand is not going to cause a cycle (for me at least). Nothing else changes. I still have redundant returns, overflows, battery operated and backed up air stones and powerheads. All rock and filtration is also contained here and untouched. Point being here, is that if something bad was going to happen, it would be regardless of the tank swap.

Not saying that your advise is not good advice. It's great advice. It just isn't relevant for me. I personally needed to intersect a bunch of timelines, and this was the best i could do. 2 weeks was my cutoff and this is what i had to do to meet it.

Anyway, i just wanted to share my feedback on a situation with buying an SCA tank. It sucked, and it was not my fault by any means. I've been in this hobby for a long time now. This has not been anything close to a good experience..

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
Just saying at this point I sure as heck would not swap tanks even if the new tank came in perfect. Would be different perhaps if starting fresh and kicking off a cycle but a transfer with money already invested in live stock no way in heck would I swap.

I never make a significant change to my tanks without at least 3 weeks to watch for issues. I prefer a month if at all possible as SPS can take a while to be ****ed and recess. I have 2 replacement powerheads for my back wall I havent thrown in yet since my other 2 have been dead for 3 months and I dont want to suddenly throw something in when I am gone every weekend to the beach house.

insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote