View Single Post
Unread 09/12/2017, 06:09 PM   #1
D_Rock
Registered Member

Last chance - Please help me save my clown!

911...A disease has wiped out my entire tank! Lost 5 fish in total. Created a QT tank and it is fully cycled. Only remaining fish is my female clown. The first fish I ever got!

I removed her from the DT tank to treat for white spots which, I believed to be ICH. After she was in the QT for a month I decided to add another clown for her to pair with in the QT for an additional month.

Somehow the small clown caught something and yet again I thought it was ICH. I treated with Kordon Ich Attack but he passed away within 2 weeks of being in the QT. It spread to my female and it has been a battle since.

She is covered and I am almost certain it is Marine Velvet. Where Im at now is it has been 4 days since she ate. She is hovering by the power head gasping but fighting. I put copper (Mardel coppersafe) in the tank yesterday. I followed the directions to a T to avoid poisoning the fish.

Is there anything else I can do? Im almost certain she will not make it based on her not eating and her sunken in stomach. Any help is really appreciated.

D_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote