View Single Post
Unread 11/27/2013, 09:35 AM   #33
Mipster
Registered Member

Hi there, My skimmer is doing this exact same thing as in the video with it flowing out the bottom. I don't do any additives, the pumps in my tank shouldnt be the issue from where they're placed, and the pump is installed properly. When i first got this skimmer it had a faulty pump which my local LFS replaced for me and then tested the new one to be sure it was working properly. I have been running this tank for about 2 and a half months. originally there was no mirco bubble problem, it all started a couple weeks ago and the only thing that has changed is a few more corals and a new fish. I also have this problem that when water gets just a slight bit lower then where i keep it a popping noise starts like it's trying to suck in more water even though the water level is about 1/3 - 1/2 way up from the bottom of the intake. adding more water fixes it till it drops again. opening the air intake also fixes it but then the cup fills up in less then an hour. I'm not sure really what i'm supposed to do about all this. My LFS runs this product in many of their tanks and they swear by it. I've been meaning to go in to talk to them about it but between my work schedule and their strange and sometimes inconvenient hours of operation that hasn't been an option. Really hoping for some insight here guys. Mine looks exactly like SAreefer's video

Mipster is offline   Reply With Quote