View Single Post
Unread 12/07/2018, 09:02 AM   #486
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefSultan View Post
Hi All,

I have 350-370 Litres net water volume including sump. 6 months old tank
BK Double Cone 200 with fix speed motor, bought brand new 6 months ago.

2 XL tang, 2 S size Tang, 4 Chromis, 2 Fire Goby, 2 Clown, 1 Tuxedo Urchin, 20-30 Trochus Snails (3 mature rest of them S size) 1 sand sifting sea star, 1 Six line,3 Yellow wrasse

Mainly LPS acans and 2 monti cap, Some small acro colony and frags of digitata etc.

NO3:25 Salifert, PO4: was 0 but now I am adding 2ml Seachem Phosphourus to let corals consume and keep PO4: In range of 0,04-0,02 and help to reduce NO3. I started adding Vinegar 2 weeks ago

Anyway I see my skimmer is not working effective as before and thought this can be the reason of high NO3 .Did good cleaning 5 days ago but still not perfectly dialed in.I am running it normaly 25cm water level,water exit setting is mostly close to full open and 2 turns open venturi but bubbles reach top of collection cup and skimmer overflowing in 6-8 hours which is changing my salinity due to the ATO also.

Biggest problem is reaction of skimmer is changing it is not always overflowing in 6-8 hours (Mostly do) but when I add food or coral additives I see bubble even go below the neck and no skimming happening. So it is very difficult to make a baseline if I take the baseline to set

I did clean according to forum. Now I decrease the water level to 20-21cm by putting things under skimmer. Close the venturi completely and Open the Water level Tube setting complete (so max water out from skimmer body) bubbles coem to almost neck however no foaming, and when I add food bubble are below the neck (I am sure if I make setting when bubbles below the neck and later it will overflow)

I am lost help
You hardly have much of a fish load for that skimmer so you will need to run it wet to keep it consistent. I think lowering the sump will will help prevent overflows. Don’t expect much skimmate with 12 fish. Open the nozzle more might help with overflows as it should increase air flow into the skimmer while decreasing water flow. The food will kill the foam head and make it drop due to oils in the food and changes in surface tension of the water. That is normal.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote