View Single Post
Unread 07/20/2009, 08:33 PM   #20
jason2459
Registered Member

@Rae: Thanks for the input. Can't wait to setup the live rock and play around with the water flow around them.

So, 3 Yellow Tangs and 2 Blue Tangs should be fine to add to the mix?

@fishgeek12: It was pretty crushing to see the tank like that but probably more so for my sister-in-law. She came along with the mother-in-law to help clean up and throw everything to the side of the road. She's excited that I'm starting it back up.

@Paul: Must have been a miserable 40 years dealing with that RUGF! I'm definitely going through with it.

Got The RO/DI unit hooked up and ready to use tonight.

[IMG]http://i29.*******.com/tag49l.jpg[/IMG]

Super easy. To easy, the DI unit wasn't fully tightened and leaked a bit. Little twist and all's good. Already had everything hooked up except the water line into the 4 stages and the water line from the RO into the DI. The flush kit , return check valve, water pressure gauge, and the TDS meter into the DI and out from the DI were all preinstalled.

Ran a water line over with a regular garden hose valve and hooked up the adapter it came with to that. Got a 75 foot run of 1/4" water line to curl up later into a bucket of heated water for the winter when the water will get super cold. Hooked up the ball valve that came with the unit and joined the in line to the unit to the coiled up tubing I bought. Love the pressure gauge and used the ball valve to set the pressure to 65psi. Flushing the toilet made it only drop to about 63psi. Then just turn on and off the water to the unit with the main valve.

Just got done flushing the unit and running it for close to an hour. Definitely needed to do that. The TDS input and output at first was about 40. About 10 minutes in it dropped to 40 in and 0 out. Dropped to 20 in around the 40m mark and is currently at 9 in and 0 out when I stopped it. Filled up more into my RO/DI bin then I thought it would.

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote