Continued

Tubing Run
IMG_1791 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Tubing Run Over Door
IMG_1792 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Tubing Run Under Stand
IMG_1793 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

03/18/2018 - Cycled Rock Updates

I performed a 100% water change on bin one on Sat 3/17. The Phosphate levels had been holding at .05 after my initial dosing of LC. The water looked pretty clear but once I started removing the rock it must have stirred up a lot of loose debris and the water became very murky. I am going to give the first bin a week or so and see what happens.

I updated my Two Little Fishes reactor to use some cotton coil to help when dosing the LC this week. Hopefully the cotton will help trap the precipitate that is created while dosing. If it does not work as expected I will just go back to using a filter sock.

After Removing Rock
20180317_163443 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Cotton Coil
IMG_1775 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Two Little Fishes
IMG_1777 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

After Dosing
IMG_1781 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

03/18/2018 - Main Tank Updates

The main display is still cycling. Ammonia levels are still rising but I have yet to detect any Nitrite. The swimming shrimp seem to have disappeared. I guess the VorTech’s have shredded the shrimp to small bits. I checked the filter socks for any parts but did not see any pieces.

I also added a black background for days when I do not want the fish room to be seen from the main viewing area. I used some pieces of black foam board and in combination with the black overflow area it is going to look like a continuous back background. So far It is made of two parts that fold up nicely. Once I figure out how I will keep it on the back of the tank I will post some updated pictures.

I emptied the skimmer collection cup tonight as well. This the second time I have emptied since I started cycling the display. The skimmate by far is the nastiest I have smelt. I think it may be related to using multiple cycling products.

Skimmer
IMG_1782 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Inside of Lid
IMG_1783 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Chunky Skimmate
IMG_1784 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr