View Single Post
Unread 03/20/2017, 09:30 AM   #1
Potatohead
Registered Member

Are there any serious SPS keepers using NoPox?

I've been using NoPox for a while at a small dose, but it seems every time I try and increase it (very slowly) I get some issue. A couple months ago it was cyano. I had been dosing 4 ml into 70 gallons, cut it back to 1. Now over two months I have slowly increased to 3.5, starting to get hints of cyano again and two of my acros have started STN'ing very slowly on the shaded side. Even with the increased dose nitrate has only dropped from about 10-12 to 7-8, so not a huge change. I also notice my polyp extension is less than before on several corals, although several other corals also seem unaffected. I cut my dose in half yesterday as I don't want to go cold turkey just yet.

I am not 100% sure NoPox is my issue but it seems to lean that direction. I have an extra dosing pump and I would prefer not to run another pump for biopellets or a chaeto reactor if I don't have to. I do not have a refugium so I do feel I need some type of nutrient reduction going.

Should I try vinegar? Switch to something else like a KZ product or similar? Just keep NoPox on a small dose and keep nitrate around 10? I'd like to keep some form of dosing even in a tiny amount because I can go about 7-10 days without cleaning the glass and only 2-3 without, but obviously at the end of the day I want to do what is best for the tank.

Thanks

Potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote