Thread: At my wits end
View Single Post
Unread 05/03/2019, 08:01 AM   #6
Fishinbob
Registered Member

Some friends and I have been having the conversation about bio diversity and dosing of these independent solutions such as nitrates phosphates and aminos. Just a theory that with these dosing regimens we are stimulating different bacterial populations which may interact with tank chemisty/uptake differently then the typical bacterial populations.
This is a new problem for me aswell(within the past year)
Previously I had high fish bioload, and regular waterchanges to minimize the nutrients.
Now my bioload is somewhat low and not nearly enough input into the system. Even with heavying feeding and dosing.
I have only been doing 5-10% biweekly water changes due to them lowering nutrients and causing a cyano outbreak.
Since then I've upped the water changes 15-20% weekly added a significant bioload increase and began dosing bacterial supplements microblaster, microblift, fritz and thing are coming around slowly albeit.
I was dosing 350+ ml cal and alk daily so that with minimal water changes (for element replacement and nutrient dillution) and extremely low no3 and p04(additives) was the culprit in my case, and looks very similar to what was happening for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fishinbob is offline   Reply With Quote