View Single Post
Unread 02/17/2010, 09:57 PM   #98
prop-frags
SPS Slave

RichK Rich, can you give me a link to where Sanjay talks about using acrylic rods for aquascaping? There are so few good sources of DIY out there on how folks do fabrication techniques with aquascaping.

PSU Thanks Rob - appreciate the kind words and it's great to have you along. Our TUBVs are from Lowes over here on Hull street. Many of the guys here used the sched-80 TUBVs, but personally I find that to be overkill. Most of those are really expensive (especially > 1"), and honestly I have never had one of the American Valve TUBVs ever fail. The Sched-80 are just thicker, which also reduce flow since PVC is standardized on outside diameter, and thicker PVC means it cuts into the inside diameter. As far as the b/h go, I picked up these Hayward units from USP. They are definitely very well made, very heavy, deep threads. Watch out, USP shipping and handling charge is outrageous.

blumoon reefers Milissa, did you buy your Fiji Pink locally or from an online dealer? If we go that route, I'm guessing that we will need maybe 100lbs for 2" depth? Those 20lb bags are kinda pricey... and yes, the Simi Savignon Blanc is recommended with all projects requiring an "open mind"

On a very positive note, our LFS wrote tonight and said the tank just arrived. We need to set up a delivery time...hopefully we'll be in business by this weekend!

Current Tank Info: 200g temp garage tank
prop-frags is offline   Reply With Quote