View Single Post
Unread 03/13/2018, 03:36 PM   #142
nightOwl
Premium Member

Continued

01/24/2018 - Frag Tank Updates

Frag tank by this point was completely cycled.
01/26/2018 - Flooded Basement

My temp set-up flooded before I left for New Orleans. I cleaned up the best I could but this was when I decided I was done with the hobby.
01/26/2018 - New Items Arrived[INDENT]
I placed a small order for a new skimmer for the frag tank and also ordered a few items for the main tank. My buddy Richard gave me some old MP40’s so I ordered some parts so I could use one on the frag tank while I decided what pumps I would buy for it. I ended up ordering
2 - EB8’s
2 - EB4’s
2 - MP40QD controllers
2 - MP40QD wet sides
1 - Simplicity 120 skimmer
1 - WXM
1 - Temp probe

Items for Main Display
IMG_1252 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

MP40 Drivers and Wet Sides
IMG_1264 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

New Skimmer
IMG_1258 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

02/01/2018 -Frag Tank Updates

I placed an order with Richard for a clean up crew but was unable to pick it up on the day it arrived. I placed the items in the tank and most of the cerith snails died but the other critters seemed to make it. I also added the new skimmer on the tank and ran into an issue right away. The outlet from the collection cup does not allow for a piece of hose to be added to drain. I also brought over my corals from the frag tank. I reached out to Simplicity and I will keep you guys posted on I hear back from them. I think they may have to make some changes in the production run to resolve the issue.

The frags were in pretty bad shape in my temp set up since I had not been taking care of the tank. Below is a sample of what they looked like after being transferred to the new frag tank.

Frags
IMG_1319 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

SPS
IMG_1651 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Chalice
IMG_1679 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr
02/03/2018 -Assembled Cabinet Doors

I assembled my cabinet doors and they ended up coming out very well. For the wall cabinets I choose to go with glass instead of a wood panel. I also finished my drawer fronts for the base cabinets.

From This
20180203_094628 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

To This - Base Cabinet Doors
Message_1517677300371 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Initial Side Profile
20180206_144043 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr