View Single Post
Unread 05/15/2018, 06:46 PM   #2
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddscau View Post
Okay, so hear me out. I know a lot of people feed Nutramar Ova to their seahorses, pipefish, etc., as part of their diet. Well, it got me thinking about how people often make "caviar" using molecular gastronomy. I know that adequate nutrition can be hard with individuals who refuse frozen foods. I was wondering if you could purée some meaty foods, mix in some Selcon and other supplements, then turn them into "caviar" as a nutritious snack for seahorses and whatnot. I know pipefish are often emaciated by the time they reach their forever home, so I thought, what the heck, might as well ask you guys about it.
I doubt very much that seahorses would eat that as most greater seahorses will only eat frozen mysis shrimp. Also I would not feed my seahorses anything with selcon but there are specially formulated seahorse supplements. You might be able to gut load ghost shrimp with it and then feed the ghosties to seahorses.
Pipefish may be a bit more tolerant of trying new foods, I don't know. If you try it let us know how it went.

vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote