View Single Post
Unread 05/20/2018, 10:11 AM   #10
teddscau
Registered Member

Well, a bunch of members were saying that my SPS corals will do better if I have fish because they like the fish poop, then I won't have to feed them. Then again, now that I think about it, wouldn't an SPS tank do just as well with regular feedings and no fish poop?

As for tiggers, I imagine pipefish wouldn't be as annoyed by them? I can tell you the amphipod population is exploding now . A group of them have taken up residence on my sun coral. Unfortunately I don't have any mysis shrimp in my tank. Next time I go to a saltwater store I'll ask the folks there if they could scoop some mysis shrimp out of their tanks so I could put them in mine.

So, you'd recommend just sticking to corals and inverts until my microfauna population is well established? Because I would like to just add the pipefish directly to my tank without quarantining them, because again, I don't think they'd do well in quarantine.

Dotty the firefish, Delilah and Little Henry Ocellaris clownfish, Pixel (convict tang) and Darwin (blue tang), pyjama cardinalfish, Riku and Kenji the orchid and elongate dottybacks, and Jeremy (yello

Current Tank Info: 160g reef tank with mushrooms, leathers, zoas, SPS corals, NPS corals, firefish, a school of pyjama cardinalfish, a pair of designer Ocellaris, two tangs, a striped blenny, two dottybacks, and a watchman goby
teddscau is offline   Reply With Quote