View Single Post
Unread 09/11/2019, 06:20 AM   #17
Mohreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleFish View Post
There's going to be absorption (from the rocks/sand), so you'll need to use the Hanna High Range Copper Colorimeter (HI702) and test daily. Redose copper as you see the level dropping. Personally, I'd go with Copper Power because it has a wider therapeutic range (1.5-2.0) than Cupramine (0.4-0.5). So, easier to stay within therapeutic despite the absorption. Like I said, daily testing is the key.

No matter what copper you use though, you are looking at months of running Cuprisorb/Poly filter to pull all the copper out of the tank to make it reef safe again.
Well regarding fish meds, here in Canada at least in Ontario all medications for fish are now controlled substances (I found this out a few days ago)ie fish stores no longer carry any med to treat fish except for the HERBAL crap that don’t work.. I guess I will be learning Tank transfer.lol. However I may be able to score some copper power..is this less toxic than cupramine and easier to remove from the substrate or r u recommending it only because it’s effective at a higher range and hence easier to test ... also will the Hanna checker be able to accurately read the concentration. Thank you

Mohreef is offline   Reply With Quote