View Single Post
Unread 04/27/2019, 01:58 AM   #12
bshow24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattered View Post
Sure a tank can potentially be ready for coral in a month but it needs an experienced aquarist who knows what to look for and how to adjust to the challenge. The same goes for putting a tang in a nano (I have huge hopes that Biota can breed a yellow tang that can be kept in a nano).

I have been playing the reef game for a couple decades now and I see the same mistakes made over and over. Is that the case here definitively? Unknown. Is someone putting coral in a 1 month old tank a red flag? Well...yeah. People still believe what the LFS tells them and buy an 'complete tank' and put vertebrates and corals in within the first few weeks. That lasts for a couple months...

This tank still looks pretty clean which could mean it is an established biome or it is not reached a badly apparent bloom cycle.

If this reefer has the experience to dump coral in a tank after it was up for a month I would love to hear it, but we haven't even seen parameters let alone any type of maintenance schedule. A QT can look great every single day if you replace half the water on the regular.

You might also want to look into the definition of 'complete myth' when it comes to keeping coral. A stable but sterile tank will not even support SPS let alone the dirty water species everyone keeps.

The problem is a lot of assumptions are being made here. Like I said, I agree the yellow tang is too small for the nano, but doesn't mean to attack the person without any knowledge of what they are going to do. Maybe this reefer has another tank? Maybe they already have a plan for the tang? We need to ask those before assuming and attacking someone on a forum.

In regards to corals, the very first post does have parameters, so you must have missed them... Oh and a complete myth = completely untrue

Yes, experience helps in keeping a stable aquarium, which is generally why people always tell folks with little to no experience to wait on getting any type of corals, but that doesn't mean it's a requirement to put corals in a tank that's mature. Hell, every brand new tank I've had has an anemone and coral in it within 2 weeks of the cycle ending. And they're still alive because I did my homework, asked questions, and made sure I kept everything stable.

Equipment: 2x Radion XR15 Pro, Radion XR30 Pro, Vectra M1 Return, 2x MP40 Powerhead
bshow24 is offline   Reply With Quote