View Single Post
Unread 10/22/2009, 03:47 PM   #24
kinlayan
Registered Member

On to some of the filtration, I had a very large sander venturi skimmer from the late 80s that is still an excellent skimmer, but a friend of mine who also has an amazing aquarium told me to come and see his Bubble king 300 external and I was amazed at this skimmer and what it was pumping out, I then decided to order the same model to act as a supplement to my sander skimmer . the bubble king is truly amazing it is much smaller needle impeller type skimmer but pumps out far more skimmate than the older tech venturi skimmer but you would never say so when you see the size of the sander.
As you can imagine with building such a large system , some hiccups are going to happen and my BK300 ext arrived like this in the “post”

Thankfully it wasn’t critically damaged on the body and I was able to repair the stand and get it up and running.

Here is a comparison picture of the 2 skimmers the bk is mounted on a stand and the sander is just about 2 metres tall, the yellow container next to it is a sulphur based denitrator reactor-aquamedic brand that I use sulphur in.

DSC_2221

kinlayan is offline   Reply With Quote