View Single Post
Unread 03/27/2010, 08:18 AM   #1
DgenR8
I'm an American
and I remember

Generator runs, but no electricity

I figure that if there is an answer to be found at RC, this is the forum it would be in.
I have a 4,000 watt Coleman generator with 8 H.P. Briggs engine on it. The engine runs, but the unit does not produce electricity. I opened it u, looking for anything obvious, but nothing jumped out at me. I did clean the carbon brushes, and the 2 segmented rings they touch, just because I couldn't find anythiing else to do. When I put it back together and fired it up, it worked, but after shutting it down and trying again, I found myself with the same no electricity problem. I figured it must be the brushes, and I changed them. No dice, I still get no juice.
I bought a replacement generator, but would still like to solve the problem with this one, even if just to sell it. Anyone have any ideas as to what I should look at?

Dunder Mifflin

Current Tank Info: Unknown slow drip, over 20 years damaged my house and heating system. No more tank.
DgenR8 is offline   Reply With Quote