View Single Post
Unread 11/08/2018, 09:12 AM   #32
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonton Soup View Post
This is a laughable argument. The vinyl you get from a car wrap shop is UV resistant. Seeing as how direct Sun light produces a billion times more UV radiation than any little fish tank lights ever could and hundreds of thousands of people wrap their cars with the very same vinyl for years and years without so much as a hint of fading or "degrading". It's a safe bet that you'll never experience the condition that you've just made up.

I've had the same piece of black vinyl on the back of my tank for over a decade and I can say with 100% certainty that it will never degrade, fade, peel, or come off the tank unless you want it to. Just clean the glass really well before you put it on. Start in the center and work outward to both edges with a plastic blade to push out air bubbles that may try to form.

Mine gets a lot of salt splashed and dried on it and it just wipes off.

Don't paint! Use vinyl.
I literally pealed 150 little pieces of vinyl off of a tank less than a year ago. There are several grades of vinyl and having wrapped many cars myself I'll skip it. I doubt many people will spend the money on a high grade automotive vinyl. Painting is so much easier. To each his own but there is no need to make accusations.

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote