Thread: Minh 320 Reboot
View Single Post
Unread 02/26/2018, 09:51 PM   #14
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by iced98lx View Post

Sure looks like you're taking advantage of the opportunity to rebuild and change anything you want, which is great! Can you share with us how you went about leasing/obtaining permission to put your rock in the bay? Very cool.
Thanks.
A friend of mine who live on the man make canal, a very large part of the main canal that empty right into the bay. I put it right next to his boat dock.

I run the system with just fresh water for several weeks, to kill everything prior to put into the canal. I did not mean to run it for several weeks but due to time constrain this was what happened.

This was how I seeded my rock prior to set up my tank last two times. Back in the 1990's I live on the bay so I just put it in there next to my dock. I got tired of living on the corrosive salt water and got tired of paying for the tax so I sold the house and moved inland. If anybody have the opportunity to do this, I highly recommended it. My rocks was out of the water for total of about 1/2 hr. It did not even cycle.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote