Thread: cutting glass
View Single Post
Unread 11/22/2009, 11:40 PM   #22
uncleof6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_zoa View Post
Not trying to hijack here but,

I am building a 75. I have it drilled for Beans system. The three holes like he pictured in his thread. I really like the idea you have up on here. I have drilled 2 3/8 " holes now and can add 2 -3 more if I need to, to employ this design. Since my holes are more or less on one side, do you think it would hurt me to add another three matching holes on the other side of my tank? Also, my sch 80 bulkheads that I am using, How wide do you think I should have the glass cut for the bottom of the externial portion of the OF box? I can post a pic if you would like. A pic of the holes that is, or give you measurements.
I would like to see the holes evenly spread out, but three more similarly placed at the opposite end can't hurt.

The Exterior should be wide enough to fit everything in, with wiggle room, be mindful though, that the holes in the floor of the external box violate the safe spacing rule around 5" front to back.

Jim

Current Tank Info: 325 6' wide Reef
uncleof6 is offline   Reply With Quote