View Single Post
Unread 01/29/2011, 10:24 AM   #54
nightOwl
Premium Member

SPotter,
The blue glow of Radiums are almost eerie looking. Making this sump I see why people who do acrylic work charge so much. Making sure you have exact cuts is the main part and that can be kinda challenging at times. All in all I am happy with the way it has turned out. I think the black acrylic may be the way to go. Hopefully Krylon spray paint will do the trick. How much space do you have around your skimmer in the skimmer section? I want to give it about 3" on each side. Do you think that is too much? I will make a baffle jig to make the teeth look somewhat decent . I almost broke down and purchased the bulkheads locally but I could almost get two for the price of one if I waited so I chose to wait .

Updates - General
My bulkheads arrived but the glass drill bits are a little behind schedule. It looks like it will get them sometime next week. I ordered a set that will allow me to drill 3/4", 1" , and 1-1/2" holes for the corresponding bulkheads. I am thinking of increasing the size of the drain holes to 1-1/2" to get more water turn over in the tank. More updates in the coming days...