View Single Post
Unread 12/31/2016, 02:30 AM   #12
CODE3EMT
Registered Member

You are correct in some ways and I do love that quote "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke. Let's be clear though. I feel an analogy is in order here. Calling the police because you witness an old man getting his butt whooped by some low life thugs who try to steal his wallet....... by all means intervene and do not mind your business. Trying to get some guy with a bunch of fishes in his aquarium that you feel is wrong in trouble........ Mmmm, I'm going to say mind your business. A bunch of fishes in a glass box holds no candle to the light of a human being harmed. There is no comparison...period. I will have to respectfully disagree in that we are a world where everyone minds their own. Social media has connected humanity in ways we could have never imagined. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, the media, we know everything about everyone's private business. Sadly, many of us don't stop to enjoy the simple pleasures of our own life because we are to wrapped up in others. All of our faces glued to our cell phones and tablets..... waiting to see and read about other people's lives. The Kardashians, the Trump family, the Obama family, Hollywood stars, foreign dignitaries, our neighbors new BMW..... phift....... how can they afford a car like that. Look at the size of her diamond ring..... God she must be all about money. Did you hear John is having an affair with a co-worker? Cathy looks like she had some plastic surgery..... who is she trying to impress. The list goes on and on and on and on. IMO, most of us need to focus on our own life and not critique others. So that being said I'd like to close with "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" Happy Reefing, and Happy New Year to all my fellow Reefers. Again just telling it like it is. No Hard feeling.

CODE3EMT is offline   Reply With Quote