View Single Post
Unread 12/31/2015, 01:24 PM   #35
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
OK, it is home in the garage waiting for me. No time to fully unwrap it but customs beat me to some of it. I am sure the water top off box left Germany in a box but it no longer was in one. It has cuts in the top and both sides from the box knife they used to slice it open with. The skimmer box had been sliced open but it looks undamaged. I cannot tell if the remaining pieces have been tampered with. Incompetence makes me mad. I guess we are training monkeys and giving them box knives for customs agents. Hopefully he was satisfied with just damaging the water top off box and stopped there. I will do a video tonight as I unbox the rest. I posted some of the pics. Klaus, can these be sanded out and buffed since its ABS?
Jeff
Got to love customs.. It's a shame they don't take more care when they handle things. You can certainly sand that out. I would do a test spot on the inside or back of the sump as it may change the sheen on the finish and be even more noticeable when you are finished. You could also try using a Scotch Brite pad or even some steel wool. Like I said, I would do a test in a spot that won't be visible first so you can figure out what will work best when it comes to matching the sheen of the material. It might be that using some 1200 grit wet dry sand paper would work too. I would just try to find a sanding method that matches the sheen of the material without having to use several steps.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote