View Single Post
Unread 06/25/2004, 05:55 PM   #12
Anemone
Cloning Around

Quote:
Originally posted by TangTied
I (and I'm sure many others) were under the assumption that ReefCentral made the decision to drop our name. It was briefly discussed at last night's meeting about it actually being a SCMAS decision...kinda odd I think, but not my place to question.
Many "unfriendly" things have been occuring at RC over the past year or so, thus, this just seemed like the usual incident. Admittedly, this is by-far the most popular website for hobbiests...I just wish it was managed better.
again, not my place to question, so......
I wish I had a clue what you were referring to. "Unfriendly things?" The name-change came about as a direct result of commercial free-for-all in this forum, and a request that the club take a more active role in "their" forum. When it became clear that the club did not wish to be associated with the forum, the name was changed. I fail to see how that is "unfriendly." However, I could show you some emails from a banned member threatening Staff members and the site...now that I consider unfriendly.

As far as "I just wish it was managed better," please feel free to make constructive suggestions. I personally am all ears for suggestions on how to keep RC from falling into disuse due to its poor management. However, previously banned individuals with their own agenda probably shouldn't make themselves evident.

Kevin

Anemone is offline   Reply With Quote