Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 10/17/2019, 10:05 PM   #1118
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

I'm enjoying having more of these beautiful fish in my tank! Five neon damsels, and three tuxedo damsels are swimming about, in a pretty low stress environment. Plenty of hidey holes, lots of space, and three feedings a day means these fish are pretty comfy. Plus they can hunt naturally for pods and stuff. It's great fish watching! I'm getting serious couch time. The neons are hanging out in a loose school and are very social. The tuxedos are more individualistic, but they often synch up and interact.

One thing I was terrified about was the chance that the new fish would bring illness into my display. QT seems to have worked, and I see no evidence of any illness. WOOHOO!!!

I was talking with my wife about the fish, to get her input on what she'd like to see next. She told me she liked bigger fish she could see easier. I often forget she doesn't have as good vision as I do, and can't appreciate the finer details. So it makes sense. I like to keep the fish smaller, so they have more room to roam, but I can certainly try to accommodate her too. I think a Herald's Angelfish could work. Before I get one I want to get some more of both damsels. I've been watching how they move and behave around each other, and I think I've got room for a few more. Two more tuxedos and five more neons ought to do it. This would bring me to five tuxedos and ten neons. That would be amazing!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote