Thread: TDS Creep
View Single Post
Unread 02/12/2015, 01:59 PM   #12
Dbondaruk
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Hydro View Post
Most people don't test the TDS in the reservoir...
Ok thanks I found out why i had high tds in my top off resovoir. I pump water from my garage that's about 60 feet through a 1 inch pvc pipe. So here is what happens. I usually flush about 2 gallons of water at my sump when I switch between salt water and rodi water. My mixing change station is in the garage as well as the rodi machine. My top off container is next to sump. I pump saltwater and rodi water thru the same pipe to sump. When I fill my top off container that's where the tds comes in. A little bit of saltwater still remains in the pipe. I filled top off bin full. Tds shows 160. When I just started filling bin tds showed 600. But the water coming from the garage shows 2 tds. Coming out the rodi machine is 0. I keep it maintained very well.

My question is. Is that a major problem that a little saltwater gets tracked into my top off bin throwing the tds meter off. I did a sample and it take just a little bit of saltwater to throw off a gallon of water with 0 tds. I tested by adding a tablespoon of salt water and it threw the reading off. Thanks for the help fellas.

Dbondaruk is offline   Reply With Quote