View Single Post
Unread 02/17/2011, 12:27 AM   #67
nightOwl
Premium Member

So I have been a little bit busy since my last post so lets recap and bring everyone up to speed.

Tank Plumbing - Update
The tank is still in the dry fitting stage. I need to purchase hooks to support my plumbing on the back. Both Home Depot and Lowe's have been out of the ones I want on my last two trips. Coupled with the fact I am on hold with the sump construction. I also started my manifold. It consists of 3 x 1/2" and 2 x 3/4" outlets.

Manifold

Fish list - Update
After more research the Banana Wrasse is out.
Tank Stand - Update
Since I made a weeeeeeeee bit of a mistake when gluing my sump together I am about 1/4" two wide. I weighed a few options and I then started to cut into my support legs. I will use the chisel to finish the removal and then cut a piece of plywood to fit the removed area.
Sump - Update
I was making great progress on my sump. I am now in a hold phase until my new can of Weld-On #4 comes in. For anyone working with this stuff remember to close the top completely each time and always place on a level surface. I did not close the top completely and accidentally knocked the can over and the stuff spilled out. I have added three baffles, and drilled my two return holes. One return from the tank and the other will run from the frag tank. I tried to router some teeth for the refugium section, but that just led to teeth flying all over the place so after chipping away 4 teeth and trying to to adjust I decided to just router them all away. I will use some white plastic mesh and just let the water run through that to stop any algae that may try to make the trip from the refugium to the return area. Monday my new weld-on comes so I can get back t construction.

Sump with baffles

Power Center - Update
I put the "brains" of the tank where I think it will be located. This should work for now. I still need to complete my plumbing to see how everything will be mounted.

The "Brains"

Frag tank
I drilled the frag tank and built a three tier frag rack. I eventually plan on putting a fish or two in it to that eat nuisance algae. The tank will have a single 250 Watt bulb on a spider reflector (that's all I have at the moment), and two VHO actinics for coloration. I already had a stand that use to be where I performed my water tests at so that will now be used to support my new frag tank

Frag tank

Frag rack

Wall Framing - Update
I finished framing the wall so that I could place my frag tank along the wall.