View Single Post
Unread 11/21/2020, 03:47 PM   #5
davidcalgary29
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurple12 View Post
This will be pretty cool! Stock idea: Hawaiian red shrimp.
Maybe with the 5g that's next up; this 2g is just too small, I think. And it's certainly not cycled, so just the macrolaga(e) for now.

I've also got to contend with the fact that I'm a looong way away from a LFS, and will have to get livestock shipped in. And that means a limited selection (no red Hawaiian shrimp; perhaps a peppermint down the road, if I'm lucky) with real risk, as winter temps here are pretty steady between -5C and -40C -- not ideal shipping conditions for delicate tropical creatures.

DAY 3:

SG: 1.026 at a steady 26C, and the water has cleared up nicely. I'm surprised to see that the 50W heater isn't overheating the tank, based on multiple poor reviews on Amazon. I'm still trying different positions with the rock.

Tank considerations: Having a cylindrical jarqiarum is cool, but this jar wasn't made for aesthetics, and mutiple bubbles and waves in the glass create visual distortions and/or optical flaws. I'll have to see how bad this is with the 5g jar and 3g Beverage Dispenser.

davidcalgary29 is offline   Reply With Quote