View Single Post
Unread 03/21/2012, 01:32 PM   #339
vitz
Moved On

The length of time someone has been registered on a reef forum says absolutely nothing about knowledge about or experience with keeping reef aquaria.

Some of us here have been reefing loooong before rc (or any other internet aquarium forum) existed.

Anyone who makes any kind of claim about the viability of a particular tank's methodology before at least a few years go by is obviously a noob talking out of their a**hat.

My first nano reef (30gal) had 4" of dolomite over an air driven undergravel filter (pre 1980). I'm sure some (probably many) here would have assured disaster was guaranteed. The red tree sponge and ricordea I propagated and sold back to the local lfs for the few years I had the tank would certainly disagree.

Chris's methodolgy/setup is NOT new to the world of aquaria, and has been a good workable method for many.

Failures of others (and mini 'failures' like Chris's) due to user error are just that. User error- *not* a methodology/concept error.

Don't listen to the noobs, Chris, it's not worth the agita to even respond. Heck, I'm sure all the naysayers here don't even know who Emmens was!

vitz is offline   Reply With Quote