Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 11/14/2018, 08:03 AM   #347
McPuff
Registered Member

Hi Michael, terrific plan and I think it will work quite well, though I do think you will have to interfere on occassion to keep the system in balance. Consider yourself the Ma'at of your system. :0)

What I mean is this (and you've probably thought of it too) - despite the well planned system and players within, you're still likely to end up with an overabundance of waste/nutrients/etc. at some point. Probably not often but if you consider in nature there is a constant churn and waste products do not all settle in to the substrate on a macro bed. In your tank, however, it will. I really don't know how you can combat this effectively other than vacuuming the very top of the substrate every so often. But it may be something to consider. Don't mean to pick nits, and this is a pretty small nit. :0) You have me thinking though... when I see plans laid out by other people I think of it from my own perspective. "How would I approach this?" This really seems like a "watch and enjoy" system... easily 99% hands-off. That is going to be very enjoyable for you! Looking forward to seeing this wet.

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote