View Single Post
Unread 02/18/2018, 01:35 PM   #1063
RVANANO
SWAGON

I picked up and mounted my AP700's yesterday. No photos yet.

I am very impressed with them. I never wanted to go LED prior because I didn't like the pinpoint of color I saw on the bottom of most tanks. I also didn't like the shimmer they created. These are much closer to MH in regards to the shimmer and there is no individual LED pinpoint on the bottom whatsoever. The proprietary actinic blue they create is amazing and the colors pop like I never imagined.

The 10 point custom graphs are great. I have mine set from 2% full blue starting at 8:30 am to 65% peak full white at 1pm. Drops to 25% at 6:30 pm then to 1%. It just gradual moves from one point to the other which is very nice. The lunar function is fantastic too.

Using the app is very easy and straight forward. It's slightly annoying that I have to connect to the AP700's and then back to wifi when using them but I don't see the need to make changes too often.

Storm feature is very cool although more gimmicky than anything. People love to watch it though..

I will say that they do not have the intensity or coverage like the MH's did but I feel that the pros far outway the cons thus far. I decided to keep all 8 T5's because it really helps fill in some of the spots that the AP700's don't reach and I am seriously considering adding a 3rd fixture which I think would be perfect for this peninsula style layout.

In summary, I am glad I made the swap!

"Your opinion is appreciated. Unless it's stupid" -Me

Current Tank Info: "Nano" 300 peninsula reef in progress

Last edited by RVANANO; 02/18/2018 at 01:56 PM.
RVANANO is offline   Reply With Quote