View Single Post
Unread 03/10/2018, 10:45 AM   #10
windlasher
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr RBG View Post
this video makes some interesting points about the trapped air in the probe tip as a problem and also starting with a really dry probe,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pxUb2-LaEo The guy seems to have info others have not given.
I actually saw that one and tried his method. No Luck. I even bought new solution from BRS and completely submerged the bottle in the sump upside down. My dashboard reads 1.6 salinity. I'm starting to think the probe I received is broken. I may buy another one to test it, at least then if it works, I can convince Neptune to replace it and I'll have a spare for the new tank I am setting up. Another $50. Short of that, I would have to return the whole thing for an exchange which would be a pain.

I just think it's ridiculous that this $800 device makes it so difficult to calibrate. At the very least, they could alter its programming to allow us to "tell the probe" what the tank is at and then let it work from there. Might not be perfect but it would at the very least let us hit the ground running without spending days troubleshooting. What's more, they say you need to re-calibrate it every few months. I don't have time for that. Isn't the point not having to spend so much time on maintaining your tank the reason we buy these things?

windlasher is offline   Reply With Quote