View Single Post
Unread 11/30/2010, 12:40 AM   #11
dzhuo
Registered Member

I have been using the soda lime from the link I posted for a few days now and it does seem to work. The weird thing is that the media stays white (and I know it didn't go through a reverse phrase from violet because I checked it twice a day. I would not have missed the reversal). The original media came with the CO2 scrubber turned to purple / violet in a matter of 3 days. If the soda lime I am currently using is the same grade, I would expect the same color changing to happen by now. In fact, it should be complete violet and should be discarded. I notice the pH has gone down from 8.06 to 7.96 now (night time) so I wonder:

1. If the media I got don't change color despite its claim.
2. If the media I got has a significantly longer absorbent capacity.
3. If the first batch of media (that came with the CO2 scrubber itself) has an incredibly low absorbent capacity. It only lasted about 4 days.

I also notice the link I posted above sells this soda lime in different shape. For example, BRS sells this media more or less in sphere shape while mine appear larger in size and like a cylinder as far as shape goes.

Any thoughts on this? I wonder if I should replace my media or buy from somewhere else.

dzhuo is offline   Reply With Quote