View Single Post
Unread 08/28/2017, 11:17 AM   #2527
mpots
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpots View Post
Doughboy, have you had any issues with the webserver not responding? I've had the controller up for a few months now and it seems like every few days / week the server won't let me log in to it and the LCD remains frozen on the last screen, but the status light continues to blink and the ATO keeps working (I can test with moving the float switches).

Sometimes it'll recover after a few hours and let me log in again, other times I have to restart it. Logs don't seem to show anything problematic, but there are not any log data after the time it freezes (until I restart it or it recovers). Thought it was an issue with the Arduino / MicroSD card, so I replaced the mega, the w5100 shield, and the 8gb microSD. Same thing happens though...

I'm pretty puzzled at what it could be... I was thinking maybe I'll try to get the two atlas stamps working in Serial mode again (currently in i2c) in case the i2c bus is getting overloaded, but that seems like a long shot.

Any ideas? I can send you log files if that'd help too.
So quick update on this... it seems that the issue has been related to the SD card & logging. I reformatted my 8gb card after the system locked up several times in one day, and it hasn't locked up since then. I also got a 4gb card in case there's an issue with the 8gb one and will try that out too.

In case others are having a similar issue and are also using 8gb micro SD cards, try reformatting the card!

mpots is offline   Reply With Quote