View Single Post
Unread 11/18/2011, 12:46 AM   #12034
TropTrea
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmerf11 View Post
I've got an Dimmable Sunpower(8x54) that I just finally hung, and I'm getting the bulbs burnt in... tank is going in place this weekend. Was looking for optimal temp ranges it should be running at. Want to make sure i'm in the correct range. After it's on 100% for 3 or 4 hours I seem to top out at 38C/100F. Is this right? Fans seem to be working fine and venting correctly, but I couldn't find any actual temp specs.
Idoubt that you will find any temperature specs at all unless you could get a hold of the bulb manufacturers spec sheets which are often considered pripority information. But genneraly speaking the lower the actual temperature on the bulbs the longer they will last. if your exhaust temperature is at 100F I would say you should not have anything to worry about.

As a side note on this yu can always replace the fans with units of simular size that actualy give you more air flow. Having been in the business I have found that the biggest complaint from customers on there lighting fixtures was that the fans did not last forever, regardless of the brand name. True some brands using better fans than others but in a salt water enviroment the bearing do wear slowly.

Current Tank Info: Main tank 120 Gallon, 432 Watts T-5's plus 30 Watts of LED's, Frag 40 Gallon tank 234 Watts T-5's, 3 Frag tanks all 40 Gallon with LED lighting between 60 and 84 Watts. All LEDs are DIY Oh and then there is fresh water tanks 270 gallons