View Single Post
Unread 11/04/2018, 05:35 PM   #1
keith10
Registered Member

Fish LTA not happy sick help

Hello all. I’m having my first real “serious issue” with my reef. I started noticing my fish (coral beauty, yellow tang,6-line wrasse) spending most of their time in the reef where they usually swim all over. I also noticed my tang’s right eye cloudy. That was on Friday. Today Sunday, both my coral beauty eyes were swollen. I tested my water and everything was very good zero ammonia, zero nitrates, ph at 8.3, phosphate was a little high at.25. But the main issue was was my salinity was low at 1.020. I just upsized to a 75 gallon from a 45 3 weeks ago. I haven’t done a water change since. I’m guessing that adding all the fresh water without a water change could have done that. I’m wondering if low salinity could be the cause of the sickness of the fish. Also my LTA will not attach his foot anywhere. Again is that the low salinity causing the unhappiness. I’m hoping someone can advise. I did a 15 gallon change but the salinity only went to 1.021.